Original Props to Fat Head Pizza
I missed pizza when I started eating in a low-carbohydrate fashion. Crustless pizza was garbage. This crust was a life saver (not to mention absolutely delicious), and I only recently came across it.
You will need:
In a large bowl, add:
1 1/2 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp Full fat cream cheese
(microwave above ingredients for ~90sec, mix with a fork, microwave for another 90s).
While microwaving, prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Then, to the bowl of recently melted mozzarella and cream cheese add:
3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- Wet hands with warm water, and then mix above ingredients into a big dough ball (adding seasonings if desired here)
- Spread the dough onto the cookie sheet with parchment paper into desired shape
- Usually one serving of this stuff will fill half of a standard cookie sheet in a rectangular shape. You could always be like me and make 2 servings, fill up the cookie sheet, and have pizza for days, for 4 people, or for 1 Mike Wernert.
- Add Garlic Salt & additional seasonings on top if not during the dough mixing process.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees
- Check every few minutes for bubbling, and poke holes in the bubbles with a fork, unless you like inconsistent, weirdly shaped crust/bread.
- ***WHILE COOKING, saute any desired pizza toppings in a skillet (I usually add basil, oregano, salt & pepper to these toppings, and it works quite well)
- Pull out of the oven once its browning and has risen slightly, but keep the oven on
- Add desired sauces, cheeses, oils, and recently prepped toppings from skillet
- Place back into the oven until cheese melts (maybe 5 or so minutes).
- Remove from oven, let it sit for a few minutes on top of a towel on a counter top
- Cut it up into desired shapes/sizes, and eat all of it. It’s freaking amazing.
Nutritional info in entire pizza dough portion (based on my math from nutritional labels):
- 1 egg = 5g fat, 6g pro, 0 cho (carbohydrates)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese = 10g fat, 2g pro, 1g cho
- 3/4 cup almond flour = 45g fat, 21g pro, 15g cho (9g fiber)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese = 48g fat, 42g protein, 0g cho
- 110g Fat (990 kcal)
- 16g Carbohydrate (64 kcal)
- 9g Fiber
- 71g Protein (284 kcal)
- 1,338 kcals
- 74% Fat, 21% Protein, 5% Carbohydrate
Yay low-carb pizza. Fat bombbbbbb.